Hi,

I've got used to being able to press the middle mouse button and selecting text or mimicking a double click.  However, as of a couple of hours ago, this no longer works.

I recently upgraded my Kubuntu installation to 23.10, but I didn't notice this problem immediately, so I'm not sure if that's relevant.  I don't have an alternative mouse to hand, but before I buy a replacement, can anyone confirm or deny my findings:

If I run xinput --test-xi2 --root in a console, I get loads of output when Press the left or right mouse buttons, but nothing when I press the middle button.  However, I've read somewhere that middle click paste is an xorg built-in function and according to echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE I am running x11.

Any thoughts?