Hi,

Hamish wrote:
> we agreed to meet at The Broadway
> It would be good if someone could go and scout out the pub in advance.

If that turns out too noisy then consider a Wetherspoons as they have no
music and no noise from fruit machines.  They also tend to have a lot of
carpet, a unique design per pub influenced by its history or location,
which absorbs noise unlike the fashionable hard floors elsewhere.
Oh, and the drinks are cheap.  Probably best to avoid a Tuesday or
Thursday evening, Steak and Curry Club nights.  Monday Club has the
drinks get even cheaper; I don't know if that makes it busy.

I see there's one in Winton.
https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/dorset/the-parkstone-and-heatherlands-bournemouth

Looks like there's some parking nearby, off Cranmer Road, though I don't
know if it's public; I'm not a local.

Cheers, Ralph.

--
  Next meeting: The Broadway, Wednesday, 2024-06-19 20:00