They could include the glue that allows you to embed Rotor into their
product, but they could not bundle Rotor into their core distro without
significant modifications to their license.

Then, non-commercial users could:

  1) download and install Rotor
  2) download TheirSQL
  3) configure TheirSQL with --with-rotor (or whatever they called the
     configuration option).
  4) compile and install TheirSQL at their site.