If you using Thunderbird I would try repairing the folder, (under properties) or compact folders.  That fixes a lot of issues for us.

The only other thought I had was maybe the UID of your use for the sent folder was different from the old to the new server, and the mail is still trying to be copied to the old uid?

Chris