Yes that's correct.  Look at the owner/group of the file/folder in question, and compare that to the id in /etc/passwd for the user on the old vs the new server.  Also confirm that messages are actually sending and not suck in /var/spool/mail/<user>, (centos/redhat/oracle/rocky) or wherever your spool directories are on your system

check /var/log/messages or your default log location for clues as to where things are going or if there are errors, and check /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf for logging details.

You may want to increase the logging verbosity for a time to track down where the messages are going.

Chris