Hi Laura,

I understand your frustration but if you are relying on Dovecot for a
commercial solution, I believe your anger is misguided. The open
source project has no duty nor do they have to guarantee anything.
Open source means everyone can contribute, but in this case, only one
major contributor exists.

My advice for anyone facing similar frustrations is to contribute the
proper code to 2.3 to make it compatible with OpenSSL 3.0. Failing
that, you can hire competent programmers and have them contribute the
code to the public GitHub repository.

No, I don't work for OpenXChange but I do maintain a few open source
projects and am accustomed to people's expectations to get commercial
grade software...for free.

Cheers