> On 26/06/2024 11:42 EEST Laura Smith via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
>

> > > could you please elaborate on this? are there any security issues with
> > > using the debian version? what are the problems you are implicating with
> > > your above statement, that it's 'not fully working either'?
> > >
> > > greetings...
> >

> > It can sometimes crash.
> >
> > Aki
>

> Does Dovecot even care about its open-source community any more ?  We know
> you've opted to focus on your commercial efforts, that's fine, that's you
> prerogative.  But at the moment it is feeling like "go closed source or show
> some more feeling towards the open-source side".
>
> I mean seriously, "it can sometimes crash", is that all ?
>
> Does it mean people should not use the Debian packages full stop ?
>
> Does it mean people can use the Debian packages but not certain
> configurations ?
>
> "it can sometimes crash" is basically the same thing as not bothering to post
> anything at all. shrug.

You can find said crashes on this very mailing list if you'd bother to search.
Also I know that when I tested it last time, mail crypt plugin didn't work,
based on our unit & CI tests.

And the patch was not made by us. It was made by someone else, so you are now
expecting me to fully debug & investigate & report all problems in it to the
originator?

And no, we are not going closed source. If you are in a hurry to use 2.4, you
can head out to https://github.com/dovecot/core, clone & build a 2.4 for you as
soon as you want. It should work well, but it's not release QA'ed yet.

Aki