On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 03:21:08PM -0500, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 05:15:24PM -0800, jan gestre wrote:

I'm using CentOS 4.5, is the dovecot default rpm comes with mysql
support? Do I need to rebuild it?

The packages at ATrpms already come with mysql support. Did you try them?

Do they also have 'inotify' support? I seem to recall trouble with the
ATrpms version of dovecot. The particular CentOS 4.5 box I was using still
had a 2.4 kernel, since it'd been recently upgraded from RHEL3. (We didn't
want to upgrade the kernel on the remote box since it was working fine for
our purposes).

No, on RHEL4 (and therefore CentOS4 as well) inotify has been
disabled. Although I didn't document the reason good enough, so maybe
it is worth while checking if a rebuild would be OK (simply rebuilding
the package will enable inotify). Would you like to test it and report
back?

I don't have access to that server any more. It was at a former job. But, I just finished installing CentOS 4.5 into a VMWare server. (It's something I'd wanted to try for a while, so I used this as an excuse.) I'd be happy to test on that.

As for a 2.4 kernel on RHEL4 & clones: The kernel will not provide the
neccessary inotify functions, but I hope dovecot will just notice that
and not fail on it (e.g. just disable inotify support). But I haven't
tested that combo.

I'm not optimistic that this will work, but I can certainly give it a shot.

Best,
Ben