On Apr 17, 2008, at 6:13 PM, Bill Cole wrote:

The interesting issue would then be the size of the Dovecot index files. I don't know if they are designed to work well when all of your users have tens of thousands of messages in their index. I expect you'll want a lot of RAM...

I've some future plans about making them work better, but I don't think there should be real problems even now. Cache files are the ones that take most of the disk space (and memory), but clients typically read only small parts of it.