On Thu, 1 May 2008, Ed W wrote:

I currently use a small self written proxy app which does some simple analysis of what imap client is talking and does some prefetching via pipelined commands to reduce latency and also sets up a compressed pipe back to the server. Even over broadband it gives quite a significant speedup on large folders and on dialup it gives a huge performance boost. Nothing too clever going on though

Perhaps we could look at some optimisations like that in the first instance?

Are you serious?  Can I have a copy!?

-- Asheesh.

--

You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."