Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 07:56 -0400, Jay Levitt wrote:
But what I'm not clear about: Does it then get updated on every delivery by LDA? Or does the index also need to get updated when I do a search, assuming there's been at least one message delivered since the last search?

Currently it gets updated only when searching. I wanted to have it
updated immediately (optionally) while mails are being delivered, but
never got around to implementing it.

OK, some followups then:

- Is the index rebuilt from scratch every time, or should updates be fairly quick? I just did a search on my inbox (about 10,000 messages), and I know I've done a search there in the past month - yet it either took many, many minutes, or it timed out.

- If I wrote a script to log in and search for something, and ran it every night through cron, would that achieve daily indexing?

Jay