Patrick Nagel wrote:

Hi,

Timo Sirainen wrote:
| printf "1 select $mailbox\n2 search  text x93hgdgd\n3 logout\n" |
| dovecot --exec-mail imap
|
| For getting the list of mailboxes:
|
| mailboxes=`printf "1 list "" *\n" | dovecot --exec-mail imap | perl magic`

Ok, looks easy. But I can't find information anywhere on how to specify the
user. I tried with 'USER=username' in front of the dovecot call, and dovecot then said 'Logged in as username' instead of 'Logged in as root', but a list command doesn't show the mailboxes, so I think it's not accessing the maildir
of that user.
I guess it's because the users are not system users, and dovecot needs to
retrieve info from the LDAP directory first. But how do I tell it to do that?

Logging in via netcat / telnet works, but then I don't know how to proceed...

Thanks for your help!
Patrick.

exporting the $USER variable seems to work - i.e. 'export USER=joetest'. The index is updated and you get all the lovely information for reporting.

This is great. Unfortunately when I run it, existing messages for mutt are marked as O (or old). Thunderbird works just fine. I'm betting to believe these clients hate me. Please let me know of a way to get around this. Thanks.

---Jack