Hi,

we are providing Mail-Service (POP3, IMAP; either TLS or SSL) to 22000 students here at my university.

There are 2 machines running as active-passive cluster with DRBD to sync the maildata. Each box is a 4 core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5160 @ 3.00GHz with 8 gigs RAM.

After a tuneup for DRBD and upgrade to dovecot 1.1 average load is around 1.0.

HTH
Philipp

Impressive !

You'll be my contact for next few months :)

How many Megabyte does the datamail size ? (total and per user?)

Have you tune your conf file following this link : http://wiki.dovecot.org/PerformanceTuning ?

Do you have Mail data or index on a NFS server (NAS) ? Actually that the point of interest, we would like to take advantage of our NAS because it manages so well automatic snapshot and incremental backup that would be a really good security for data mail users. Does anybody have such IMAP architecture ?

PS : awesome mailing list... so reactive !
begin:vcard
fn:Mathieu Kretchner
n:Kretchner;Mathieu
org:INRIA;Syslog
adr;dom:;;2007 route des lucioles - BP93;Sophia Antipolis;;06902 CEDEX
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:04 92 38 76 67
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1