On Jan 25, 2009, at 10:49 PM, Matt Rude wrote:

How can I make it so my users can not create folders with spaces in
them? Or allow them to create such folders but rewrite them on the
hardrive with a "_" or some other symbol. I have looked threw the wiki
but couldn't find anything about folder name restrictions or folder name
rewriting (rewrite the space to a "_").

Im having problems with some of the expire and compress scripts when it
hits these types of folders.

Is dovecot able to restrict or rewrite the names of imap folders?

No. How about if you fixed your scripts instead?