On Mar 29, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:

On 3/28/2009 10:07 PM, Jim wrote:
mail-web-server:~ wright$ telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying fe80::1...
telnet: connect to address fe80::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Dovecot ready.

Firewall issue? Or maybe one of the 'secure' options like SELinux?

I was thinking that originally, but the mial server doesn't run a firewall, and the firewall isn't filtering LAN connections only WAN. But I realize now that I should have also tried telneting to my DNS name and not just localhost for a better idea on that. One more thing to try the next time this happens.