On 24/03/2009 11:25 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
dbox format needs at least two tools:

1. Expunging only marks the message having refcount=0. The actual disk
space is freed only after calling a tool pointing to the user's dbox
dir.

2. Ability to force index resync/rebuild in case it doesn't figure out
itself that there's something wrong.

I'm starting to think about building a more generic mailutil tool, maybe
something similar to what UW-IMAP has. So two questions:

 - What should the tool be called? Probably not mailutil to avoid
confusion. doveutil? dovemail? dovetool? mailtool?

 - Is there any functionality you'd like it to do?
Did anything like this end up being implemented? We are in the middle of migrating a bunch of people from local storage (pop) to server side storage using imap. It would be really useful to be able to tell dovecot to index a particular maildir after we have copied it onto the server to save our users opening up their shiny new mail client and clicking on all their folders and loading up the server indexing a hundred maildirs at once.

--
Thanks,
 Phill Macey (CiSRA IT Services)

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Macey
n:Macey;Phillip
org:Canon Information Systems Research Australia (CISRA);IT Services
adr:;;3 Thomas Holt Drive;North Ryde;;2113;Australia
email;internet:phillip.ma...@cisra.canon.com.au
title:Systems Administrator
tel;work:(02) 9805 2645
x-mozilla-html:FALSE