Hi,

Im attempting to configure dovecot for the first time, Im trying to use a MySQL DB that is currently used by tpop3d as Ive read they support the same password format. My main prob currently, apart from that it doesnt work lol, is that Ive enabled the following debugging in dovecot.conf

auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_verbose = yes

But Im getting basically zero info on why my authentication is failing. In my log (which for testing Ive defined as a file in /tmp to make sure Im getting all the info logged to one place) I see just:

Mar 31 19:00:17 dovecot: Info: Dovecot v1.2.10 starting up
Mar 31 19:00:17 auth-worker(default): Info: mysql: Connected to localhost (ukgri d_vmail)
Mar 31 19:00:18 auth(default): Info: new auth connection: pid=64188
Mar 31 19:00:18 auth(default): Info: new auth connection: pid=64186
Mar 31 19:00:18 auth(default): Info: new auth connection: pid=64187

each time I attempt to connect via IMAP it adds another new auth connection line to the log but doesnt tell me anything else :(. So Im stuck debugging my authentication due to lack of info. BTW Im testing IMAP via telnet, telnet to IMAP port and attempt LOGIN (I have this working to a courier IMAP installation). Have I done something wrong? Any help appreciated!

thanks Andy.