On 15/08/2010 17:14, Dennis Clarke wrote:
On 15.8.2010, at 17.03, Marc Perkel wrote:
Starting Dovecot Imap: Fatal: service(pop3-login) User doesn't exist:
dovenull

Just some real time feedback. I don't know what dovenull user is or why it is necessary.
I added now to http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.0 :

- Dovecot uses two internal users now by default: dovenull and dovecot.
You need to create the dovenull user or change default_login_user setting.
Dovecot 2.x seems to be very close to release grade. Could you provide a guess as to when it will be released so that I can plan downtime for the upgrade on my production servers?

See Timo's comment of Friday 13/08/2010 19:29:
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/rc/dovecot-2.0.rc6.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/rc/dovecot-2.0.rc6.tar.gz.sig

I expect this to be the last release candidate. Unless release critical bugs are reported, I'll update the version number to v2.0.0 on Monday morning without any other changes.

Since rc5 there have been mainly some small fixes and some error message improvements. The only (somewhat) important fixes are:

- dict quota didn't always decrease quota when messages were expunged
- Shared INBOX wasn't always listed with FS layout

"I'll update the version number to v2.0.0 on Monday morning"

Bill