On 09/08/2010 09:47 AM, alex wrote:
On 09/07/2010 08:28 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 18:23 +0300, alex wrote:
I have some problems with setting shared mailboxes . I use
dovecot 1.2.11 with following namespaces :

mail_location: maildir:~

okay.

location: maildir:/home/sites/%d/mail/%%n/Maildir/

For consistency this would also be clearer if it was:

location = maildir:%%h

Although, do you really have the Maildir/ path included in users'
home dirs? That's not right.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers/Home

I forgot to mention that I previously migrate from courier. I intend
to solve this problem too. Any way from your posts I understand that
the use of namespaces with separator like . is not a very good
choice. I use to have prefix INBOX. and . separator for my private
namespace.

I manage to change the config and maintain the compatibility , so now
my namespaces looks like this:

namespace: type: private separator: / inbox: yes list: yes
subscriptions: yes namespace: type: private separator: . prefix:
INBOX. hidden: yes list: no subscriptions: yes namespace: type:
shared separator: / prefix: shared/%%n/ location:
maildir:/home/sites/%d/mail/%%n/Maildir:INDEX=~/shared/%%n list:
children

in the /home/sites/domain.tld/mail/user1/Maildir I have created a
file dovecot-acl with :

You should use IMAP's SETACL commands to change the ACLs. I can't
remember the details of how it works either.

Now , in TB under the user2 , if I check subscribe , under the
shared, I have a INBOX folder that is always check but nothing
else. From what I understand I suppose to see user1 folders and I
think it is something wrong with my config (namespaces, paths).

You shared only user1's INBOX to user2. User2 can't see anything
else without user1 sharing them. There's currently no way to set
"share all of user1's mailboxes to user2".

I understand the part with sharing every folder from the mailbox
user1 so that user2 to see everything from user1 mailbox. Now seems
to work with previously mention modifications but it is not perfect
so I suppose that is still something wrong.

Now user2 can see the inbox of user1, can read his emails...but:

- in user2 inbox I have (in sq, but also in tb) : + shared - INBOX
(don't now what represents, on click : ERROR: Could not complete
request. Query: SELECT "shared//INBOX" Reason Given: Mailbox doesn't
exist: INBOX) - INBOX (user1 inbox - OK)

- on the first login of user2 , in /home/sites/domain.tld/mail/ , is
 creating a orphan folder Maildir , and on select of a first "INBOX"
 shared folder , in /home/sites/domain.tld/mail/ is creating a orphan
 folder shared.
In logs I have :

Sep  8 11:41:57  dovecot: IMAP(us...@domain.tld): acl: acl username
= us...@domain.tld
Sep  8 11:41:57  dovecot: IMAP(us...@domain.tld): acl: owner = 0
Sep  8 11:41:57  dovecot: IMAP(us...@domain.tld): acl vfile: Global
ACL directory: (null)
Sep  8 11:41:57  dovecot: IMAP(us...@domain.tld): Namespace
shared//: Permission lookup failed from /home/sites/domain.tld/mail//Maildir
Sep  8 11:41:57  dovecot: IMAP(us...@domain.tld): Namespace
shared//: Using permissions from /home/sites/domain.tld/mail//Maildir:
mode=0700 gid=-1
Sep  8 11:41:57  dovecot: IMAP(us...@domain.tld): acl vfile: file
/home/sites/domain.tld/mail//Maildir/dovecot-acl not found

it's missing %%n and this is how orphan folders gets created.
What is wrong?