Quoting "Joe @ 3ZZZ" <j...@3zzz.net>:

Quoting Timo Sirainen <t...@iki.fi>:

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 08:47 -0700, Joe @ 3ZZZ wrote:

configure: error: vpopmail support is broken. fix it or access its db
another way.

however, vpopmail seems to be working fine, i can add domains from
vpopmail/bin/vadddomain and they show up in the database just fine.
So why do I receive this error and how can i troubleshoot?

It means that people kept telling me all the time that running Dovecot
with vpopmail crashes, so I got tired of it and just disabled it
entirely until someone figures out what to do to fix it.

Thanks for your reply Timo!

Does this apply only to dovecot 2.x or also 1.x ?

It seems to be working well for me (so far) on the 1.2.1 installation with vpopmail, but i've only been using it in production just over a month (despite installing it quite some time ago). Is there something I should be worried about or looking for?

I'm now installing dovecot 1.2.14 on my new server for use with vpopmail - is this inadvisable; should I seek an alternative to dovecot if I want to stay with vpopmail?

Thanks for any advice.
Joe