Quoting Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com>:

Joe @ 3ZZZ put forth on 9/20/2010 12:47 PM:

I'm now installing dovecot 1.2.14 on my new server for use with vpopmail
- is this inadvisable; should I seek an alternative to dovecot if I want
to stay with vpopmail?

Hike up your skirt, Grab another front end from the gazillion of them
out there, and get to work setting it up, instead of complaining that
Dovecot doesn't work with 1 out of 1 gazillion management front ends.

Thanks Stan -
I'm sorry if it came across as a veiled threat or a complaint. It was a sincere question, and your point is taken. I've been running vpopmail for something like 7 years now and (stupidly) assumed a migration would be painful, and so hadn't really looked for alternatives, and only stumbled onto dovecot when i found it installed on a server we set up a year ago and finally put into production last month.

I love everything I've seen about dovecot so far - is there a particular frontend you'd suggest?

Thanks