On 17/01/2011 14:18, Steve wrote:

On 17/01/2011 13:41, Steve wrote:
You get 500Kb+ sized spam messages? That is not usual. I have not done
any computation on my part but I remember seen last year (or so) a study
showing that spam messages are usually below 64Kb.
That can depend on what you clasify as SPAM. Many, 'newsletters' which
you've been 'subscribed to' by negative option web-forms are considered
SPAM by some, and those may contain PDF attachments of 500kb+

Welll.... I wrote about "usual" and those newsletter that you tag as Spam but
have subscribed to them are definitely not the norm.

I think that was Martin's point, while they are not the norm, they are off the
scale enough to severely influence the 'average'. They account for 0.2% of the
events in the same, yet are more than 10000% above what is considered the
'norm'.

--
Best Regards,

Giles Coochey