On 08/19/2011 02:45 PM, Felipe Scarel wrote:
I'm testing out ZFS-fuse on my new install (talked about it on the other
thread), no issues so far. The builtin deduplication and compression sure do
help a lot, roughly 30% less storage space required so far.

They don't advertise it as exactly "production" quality, but I'm willing to
try it out, we're doing regular backups. The mail system hasn't gone live
yet though, so I'm a bit uneasy on the performance side of things under
heavy load.

You are aware that there's a real in-kernel ZFS implementation under Linux now, right? See http://zfsonlinux.org/. I've done some very basic testing with it, and so far, it works. Going through FUSE is slower than pissing tar; this implementation won't have that problem.

FUSE is useful for many things. Performance-sensitive filesystems on production servers is oh-so-NOT one of them. ;)

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL