I'm using Sendmail, sample config below:

On 8/31/2011 12:41 PM, Nick Rosier wrote:
Simon Brereton wrote:
Hi

Can anyone point me to a howto to arrange for multiple domains to deliver to one inbox with Dovecot? For example, us...@example.com and us...@example.net should both be delivered to /var/spool/mail/virtual/example.net/user1

Currently, I have the dovecot LDA set as:

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
flags=DRhu user=mailsystem argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${user}@${nexthop}

and in dovecot.conf:

mail_location: maildir:/var/spool/mail/virtual/%d/%n

For some domains only, I need to override that mail_location.

Related to that, when user1 leave and user2 would like to receive user1's email, how can I get it so that email to us...@example.com is delivered to us...@example.com? Previously when I was using Postfix to deliver the mails, I could change the maildirloc in the DB - but I’m not sure how to accomplish this with dovecot LDA.

I'm using Postfixadmin to manage users and have server alias-domains. All mail sent to an alias-domain is delivered to the other domain. Quite easy if you've got postfixadmin already setup.

Otherwise I think you could configure virtual_alias_maps in postfix to something like hash:virtual_domains

virtual_domains:
@example.net    @example.com

N.

We deliver multiple multiple domains to the single user name of the domain.

ad...@nojunk-mail.com   admin
ad...@emailsecurity.us  admin
ad...@spam-zapper.com   admin
ad...@abs-comptech.com  admin
ad...@remote-pc-doc.com admin

We use our Server Administrator tool to manage the mailboxes.

Begin shameless plug:
(Server Administrator - http://www.abs-comptech.com/serveradministrator.htm)
end shameless plug

--