Ed W schrieb:

See the "sticky" in my reply.  You use one of several techniques to
ensure that users always end up on the server with the indexes on.  That
way much of the IO is served from that local machine and you only access
the SAN for the (in theory much less frequent) access to the mail files
themselves.

I know you can afford that (IMAP) users always end up on one particular server but afaik this only works for incoming IMAP connections.

My mail exchangers use dovecot-lda and I think indexes will be written from these servers too or am I wrong with this?

Patrick