Thanks! I'll take a look.

Terry

----- Message from Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com> ---------
    Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:44:35 -0600
    From: Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com>
 Subject: Re: [Dovecot] MS Exchange IMAP Proxy
      To: dovecot@dovecot.org

On 11/30/2011 2:36 PM, Terry Carmen wrote:
I need to make the IMAP interface of an Exchange 2000 server available
on the net, however I would like to give it a little protection, and
believe Dovecot's IMAP proxy might be appropriate.

Does anybody have a *really simple* config that would allow IMAP
pass-through to a single Exchange server?

The examples I've seen all assume some sort of load balancing, which
isn't an issue here, so I'd like to eliminate the need for an
unnecessary database server.

Does Dovecot do any cleanup of the IMAP commands that would be useful in
protecting Exchange (from this,
http://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2007-0221/ for example), or am I
barking up the wrong tree?

If Dovecot isn't helpful for this, can anybody point me to a better
resource?

Look into the SM IMAP Proxy.  It was designed for a different purpose,
but may work well for your scenario:

http://imapproxy.org/index.html

--
Stan