Am 17.05.2012 16:20, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 17.5.2012, at 16.46, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>> On 2012-05-17 9:38 AM, Bill Cole <dovecot-20110...@billmail.scconsult.com>
>> wrote:
>>> A spammer claiming to be '"Tim Saarela" <tim.saar...@dovecot.fi>' is
>>> sending out a pitch for "Enterprise Level Support" for Dovecot. The
>>> address of mine which he hit is only ever used for this mailing list, so
>>> it is clear that whatever the mechanism, this list is being harvested
>>> for commercial leads.
>>
>> Chill, Bill...
>>
>> Tim is working closely with Timo, and I'm sure got Timo's permission to send
>> that email to list subscribers. I'm already in discussions with Tim for some
>> support for my main client's migration...
>

> I was surprised that directly contacting people worked at all, but since it
> has I thought I'd allow it and hope it wouldn't piss off too many people..
> There won't be more than that one mail, which you're free to just ignore.
>
> If we get enough funding we can hire more people to work on Dovecot (and
> related projects), and that would be good for everyone.

Hi Timo ,
writing gnu software and offering paid support to it ,is a wide spreaded,
nothing special about it.

I did and would ever pay you in support/consult big setups, i agree
hire more people will make dovecot better.

But some people are more sensible about gnu status of software and
recieve business mail then others.

So you got in a communication trap, but everyone who benefit from your
hard  work on dovecot, in the last years, should excuse unwanted disturb.

Anyway you may use other distribution/notification ways in the future
keeping clearly splitted  whats gnu and whats business.

However in real world there are always people which cant make lucky in
whatever you do *g

Finally many thanks to you for coding great software !

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria