>> I have an interesting problem: I am building dovecot packages for Ubuntu
>> since 10.04. Never had bigger trouble with it. Now since 2.1.6 or 2.1.7 (I
>> can not say more precisely), Thunderbird 10ESR and Outlook 2010 can no
>> longer use 143/TLS correctly. Automx delvers 143/TLS and Outlook tells me
>> that it can not create a secure connection. I changed automx to use 993/SSL
>> and everything works. Under Thunderbird 10ESR, I get a box that tells me
>> that I need to change settings. When I sent mail, TB told me that it could
>> not copy the mail to the sent folder. I also changed to 993/SSL and
>> everything is perfect.
>>
>> At the other and, Apples Mail.app and iOS devices work perfectly over
>> 143/TLS. So my guess is that it has to do with OpenSSL. Did something change
>> in dovecot concerning TLS? Can I change options in the built process?
>
> What was the Dovecot version you were using previously which worked?

I am not sure which version worked. My best guess is 2.1.4 or 2.1.5, because I
skipped 2.1.6. But 2.1.6 has the same issues, as my friend Uwe did report the
same issues with that one.

@Robert: I am talking about Ubuntu 10.04, so this can not be a problem with
openssl itself, as that did not change

-Christian Rößner