On 6.7.2012, at 23.28, l...@airstreamcomm.net wrote:

> Thanks, that certainly helps identify the configuration options. However I am
> more concerned about the experiences of others who have actually used the
> replication.  What is the rate of change on your mail cluster, how many
> concurrent users do you support with replication enabled, do you use
> synchronous or asynchronous replication, are you using it in an active/active
> or active/passive state, is it possible to have a cluster with multiple
> servers at each site hosting the same mail data, does dysnc replication scale
> well (10,000 -> 100,000 -> 1,000,000 users)?  Just trying to get a good feel
> for whether dsync replication is capable of handling the use case I am
> proposing before investing too much time in testing it.

I wouldn't use it for large systems yet. It is still pretty inefficient. v2.2
will have a redesigned dsync that can do incremental syncs much faster and with
less bandwidth.

Anyway, in my small installation I'm using it in active-active mode and it
works well enough. I've even configured my clients intentionally so that they
use different servers.