On 2012-10-26 01:17, Mike John wrote:

Hello, I am using dovecot (2.0.9) and using virtual users using passdb
{ args = /etc/dovecot/dovecotpasswd driver = passwd-file } How can i
make my virtual users change their passwords using web interface ? My
users already uses squirrelmail to access their mail. is there a
program to add to squirrelmail to add this function to the clients ? or
should i user different separate website for password changing ? and
what program/tool can help me with this ? Any ideas is greatly
appreciated. Mike. Mike,

I don't know about forcing users to change their passwords however with Squirrelmail there are several password change plugins available that
use "poppasswd" to actually c> ssword. Of course poppasswd will
probably need to be modified to go
against your password data base, in my case it simply uses PAM. The
version I> sion 1.8.5. Oh you probably want to restrict access to the
port from
the local host only since pas
ansmitted in clear

quot
e>Jeff

I know about poppassd , but it works only for /etc/passwd ,
/etc/shadow, but my dovecot virtual users password files
are in different location and i do not know how to modify poppassd, any
idea how can i do that? and is there another way other than poppassd?

i have googled every where, i can not find how to modify poppassd to modify virtual users passwords at /etc/dovecot/passwords , Is there any other way ? i am sure that some one in this mailing list have virtual users and uses modified poppassd or other utils so that his clients can change their password