On 11/06/2014 09:56, mourik jan heupink - merit wrote:
Hi Frank, list,

On 6/10/2014 3:10, Frank Leonhardt wrote:
I get endless grief over this, but if you think Microsoft is bad, try
 Apple. I wrote some notes on it once:

http://blog.frankleonhardt.com/2012/certificate-errors-on-internet-explorer-9-and-how-to-stop-them/

I didn't mention it in the post, but IIRC this did work for making
some versions Outlook (and other Microsoft Mail things) happy at the
same time.

But do the above steps work for folks here..? I've tried them (IE 11,
win7, outlook 2013) but outlook keeps asking about (self signed) imaps
certificates.

Is it just me who cannot import self-signed certificates into microsoft
products anymore?

MJ

I did say it was a PITA and I did say it was using IE9! It's only a place to start.

Another method that *has* worked is to download the certificate as a file ending in .cer. Open in and it'll give you the option to install it. As the blog says, I always install certificates in the place where they can be used for absolutely everything!

You can convert a .pem to .cer, which is actually PKCS#12/PFX, using something like:

openssl pkcs12 -inkey my_key.pem -in my_cert.cert -export -out my_pfx.cer

I'm not guaranteeing this, and I could even be talking complete rubbish. I know enough about this stuff to know that I don't understand it fully, but I do know what's worked by pure dumb luck in the past!

Regards, Frank.