On 03 Oct 2014, at 23:27, Remko Lodder <re...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 02 Oct 2014, at 10:57, Teemu Huovila <teemu.huov...@dovecot.fi> wrote:
>
>> On 10/02/2014 02:40 AM, Remko Lodder wrote:
>>> and a mail_replica = tcp:host{a,b}:12346 configuration on each host so that
>>> they are pointing to eachother; This seems to work fine for most accounts,
>>> for example: I never experienced issues with this. However, several other
>>> accounts (with a large variety of clients) got duplicated emails. Looking
>>> with doveadm I only noticed that the numbers of the messages are closely
>>> related to eachother but one number incremented. So they cannot be deleted
>>> with the deduplicator function.
>>>
>>> The replication is provided over TCP only, the connection streams over an
>>> OpenVPN tunnel so that the contents are protected, the machines are located
>>> in different Datacenters but close to eachother.
>>>
>>> How can I determine why there are duplicated emails?
>>> What kind of messages should I specifically look for?
>> Look for any errors and warnings in the Dovecot log. You could also enable
>> mail_debug (ref.
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Logging#Logging_verbosity) for the accounts being
>> synced. Also, please post your complete configuration.
>
> I will set that over the weekend with the replication settings re-enabled. I
> will also post the configuration with the hopefully gathered debugging
> information.
>

>>> Can I set this up for a few selected accounts instead of all accounts like
>>> it was currently? To make sure I do not make things worse for others then
>>> needs to be :-)
>>> The service had been disabled for the time being to prevent the other users
>>> from getting duplicated emails.
>> I do not know what kind of userdb you are running, but there is a newish
>> patch that enables per user replication via the
>> mail_replica setting. It is not yet included in the newest (2.2.13) release
>> of Dovecot, but is available via the enterprise
>> version. There are no FreeBSD builds for that, though. ref:
>> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/c1c67bdc8752
>
> my userdb consists of local users (Which are fed through LDAP at the
> backend). perhaps I can setup a mailAttributes setting or something so that
> the replica can be
> set, although I prefer that I have control over that in the config itself :-)
>
> Thanks!
> Remko

For what it’s worth:

# 2.2.13: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p7 amd64
auth_mechanisms = plain login
disable_plaintext_auth = no
doveadm_password = XXXXXXXXXX
mail_debug = yes
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_plugins = " quota notify"
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy
include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave duplicate
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
plugin {
  antispam_backend = mailtrain
  antispam_mail_notspam = --ham
  antispam_mail_sendmail = /usr/local/bin/sa-learn.sh
  antispam_mail_spam = --spam
  antispam_spam = Spam
  antispam_trash = trash;Trash;Deleted Items; Deleted Messages; .Trash
  mail_replica = tcp:xxxx:12346
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
  sieve_global_dir = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/global/
  sieve_global_path = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
}
postmaster_address = postmaster@xxxx
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve
replication_dsync_parameters = -f -d -N -l 30 -U
replication_max_conns = 30
service aggregator {
  fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
    mode = 0666
  }
  unix_listener replication-notify {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
service auth {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
service doveadm {
  inet_listener {
    port = 12346
  }
}
service imap-login {
  service_count = 1
}
service imap {
  process_limit = 1024
}
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0600
    user = postfix
  }
}
service pop3 {
  process_limit = 1024
}
service replicator {
  process_min_avail = 1
  unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
ssl_ca = < <location of cafile>
ssl_cert = < <location of crt file>
ssl_key = < <location of key file>
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = quota sieve
  postmaster_address = postmaster@xxxx
}
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = " quota notify sieve"
}
protocol imap {
  mail_max_userip_connections = 20
  mail_plugins = " quota notify imap_quota antispam"
}
[ro