On 10/21/2014 11:44 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
On October 21, 2014 6:18:07 PM deoren
<dovecot-mailing-l...@whyaskwhy.org> wrote:

     mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir
     sieve_dir = /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%n/sieve_dir

mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/.maildir
sieve_dir = /var/vmail/%d/%n/.sieve

More simple, and more easy to tarball backup

Thank you for the advice. Can you comment re these two approaches for configuring the 'mail_location' option? I assume the first is simply wrong?

mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n
mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/.maildir

Also, why do you use the '.maildir' folder name instead of 'Maildir'? Is that so it doesn't appear in the ls output by default? Some other reason perhaps?

I agree that having the sieve scripts in a different location than the mail content is less than ideal. When the sieve scripts were originally stored in the /var/vmail/%d/%n directory they showed up within Thunderbird as folders, so to get things working again quickly I made sure to move the sieve scripts completely outside of where the mail content was stored.

The cause was likely the 'mail_location' option being misconfigured (assuming that it really is, I'm still trying to nail that down), so once that is resolved I'm planning on moving them back.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping rearranging the mail content will be just as easy to do.