Am 20.11.2014 um 23:29 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
I am new to actually running dovecot.  I actually still use POP as I
have for YEARS and thunderbird does not make it easy to convert to IMAP...

My server is moving all tagged spam into the IMAP spam folder.  Very
nice for the IMAP users, but not for the POP users.  Of course the
server don't know, and the mysql database for users does not have any
flags for this.  Don't want my server to fill up with spam from POP
users that don't know to check via IMAP.

I am using roundcubemail for the webmail IMAP client.  Is there any way
for POP users to indicate that they do not want spam so nicely auto
moved to the IMAP spam folder?

dovecot just don't know if it is a "POP3 user"
it is just a user

what about setup a better spam filter so you can deliver the 5-10 spam messages just to INBOX with [SPAM] added to the subject?

to give you some numbers: 1200 users, 150 flagged messages per day