Am 02.03.2015 um 06:03 schrieb Dan LaSota:
I have dovecot version 2.2.10
dovecot -n output below

I am seeing connection errors being written to my dovecot error log:
Mar  1 19:51:15 mail dovecot: auth-worker(2224): Error: mysql(localhost):
Connect failed to database (servermail): Access denied for user
'usermail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before
retry

Just some quick ideas
* check if the mysql socket file has rw permissions for the dovecot user
* Try to run the mysql query as user dovecot (su dovecot)
* Try to set the local ip instead of localhost (mysql makes a difference in the ACL checks if you come from localhost)

Oliver

--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!