On 02/11/16 03:50, David Niklas wrote:
On 08 Feb 2016, at 11:01, Nagy, Attila <b...@fsn.hu> wrote:
Nearly every popular programming language has an LMTP/POP/IMAP
implementation, most of them suck in many different ways.
I don't know any server or library which provides a well-established,
compatible protocol frontend with an open backend API, which could be
used to easily make a custom storage backend for the LMTP/POP/IMAP
frontend in any language, in any programming paradigm, irregardless
of the frontend implementation.
Sorry to come in late, but as a curl lover I'd like to know what is wrong
with their implementation of pop3 and imap (project homepage
curl.haxx.se).

Well, most of the time it quickly turns out these are just partial addons, with so basic bugs, like #1456 was. There is a reason why postfix, dovecot and others have so many man-hours in them.
BTW, this is about a server implementation...