Op 25-11-2017 om 13:00 schreef Tomislav Perisic:
Does anyone have any idea regarding this?

On 17 Nov 2017 11:36, "Tomislav Perisic" <tomiperi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

We have 2 servers, server A and server B.

Server A has:

Postfix
dovecot-2.2.33.2-1.el6.x86_64

Server B has:

dovecot-2.2.33.2-1.el6.x86_64
dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.33.2-1.el6.x86_64

Server A receives email on postfix, dovecot then takes that email from
postfix and proxies it to Server B Dovecot. Dovecot on Server B takes the
proxied email and delivers it with lmtp to the user inboxes.

The problem is that the dovecot on server B Doesn't log anything regarding
the emails that are being delivered to the mailbox via lmtp.

Dovecot on server A logs everything perfectly regarding the proxy, so my
assumption is that there is an issue with Dovecot lmtp logging. We changed
the logging from syslog directly to a file and we noticed the same problem,
missing log entries.

We also tried turning on verbose logging and it didn't help.

Are you sure you're looking in the right place?

You can find out where logs are written using `doveadm log find`.

Especially with mail_debug enabled, you should see a lot of log messages for an LMTP delivery.

Regards,

Stephan.

Server B:

Red Hat  6.7 x86_64

rpm -qa | grep dove
dovecot-2.2.33.2-1.el6.x86_64
dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.33.2-1.el6.x86_64

doveconf -n

# 2.2.33.2: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.21
auth_cache_negative_ttl = 0
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_verbose = yes
listen = *
mail_debug = yes
mail_gid = mail
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_plugins = " quota zlib"
mail_uid = vmail
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto

namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   mailbox Drafts {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Drafts
   }
   mailbox Sent {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox Spam {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Junk
   }
   mailbox Trash {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Trash
   }
   mailbox Virus {
     auto = subscribe
   }

plugin {
   quota = maildir:User quota
   sieve_extensions = +editheader
   sieve_max_actions = 32
   sieve_max_redirects = 4
   sieve_max_script_size = 1M
   sieve_quota_max_scripts = 0
   sieve_trace_debug = yes
   sieve_trace_level = matching
   sieve_vacation_dont_check_recipient = yes
   sieve_vacation_send_from_recipient = yes
   sieve_vacation_use_original_recipient = yes
   zlib_save = gz
   zlib_save_level = 6
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve
service auth {
   unix_listener auth-userdb {
     group = mail
     mode = 0666
     user = vmail
   }
}
service lmtp {
   inet_listener lmtp {
     port = xx
   }
}
service managesieve-login {
   inet_listener sieve {
     port = xx
   }
   service_count = 1
}

protocol lmtp {
   mail_plugins = " quota zlib sieve mail_log notify"
}
protocol imap {
   mail_plugins = " quota zlib imap_quota imap_zlib"
}
protocol sieve {
   managesieve_implementation_string = dovecot
   managesieve_logout_format = bytes ( in=%i : out=%o )
   managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
   managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags
copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave
}