On 19/05/2020 17:18 Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

On 2020/05/19 17:04, Aki Tuomi wrote:
On 19/05/2020 16:48 Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

On 2020-05-19, David Gessel <ges...@blackrosetech.com> wrote:

I'm getting some log errors with clucene that I am having no luck tracking down on the
interwebs.

This looks relevant:

I am considering switch to xapian (solr and java... pls noe) as the
port is quite tempting from an ease of integration perspective, but the
easiest solution would be to resolve these odd indexing errors. Anyone
have a clue?

dovecot-fts-xapian is easy to configure, but has a big downside compared
to solr in that the indexer runs as root.

Dovecot indexer does not run as root.

---
Aki Tuomi

It does in the not entirely uncommon case where you have setup
dovecot-fts-xapian, have multiple system users rather than a single
uid owning all mailboxes, and need to index all mailboxes.

PID USERNAME PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE WAIT TIME CPU COMMAND
44468 root 2 0 11M 18M sleep/6 netio 1:41 68.36% doveadm index -A *

With solr the indexing is done out-of-process and typically under a
safe uid.
Thats doveadm though, not indexer.
---
Aki Tuomi