On 20/08/20 11:02 pm, Thomas Scheunemann wrote:
Using the Repo http://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3-latest after upgrading from
2.3.10.1-3 to 2.3.11.3-3 we get numerous error messages like:

dovecot: imap-login: Error: connect(tcpwrap) failed: No such file or directory

We use tcpwrap support in dovecot, which worked flawlessly in the older version.
I can see that the socket /var/run/dovecot/login/tcpwrap is not created anymore.
And comparing with RPMs, the new one seems to be missing the file:

/usr/libexec/dovecot/tcpwrap

which leads me to conclusion that the new version is just not compiled with
tcpwrap
support.

At a guess it was removed from the spec for el8 (which does not support tcpwrap) and somehow got removed from el7 by accident. The ghettoforge dovecot23 packages have tcpwrap support for el7:

# rpm -qf /usr/libexec/dovecot/tcpwrap
dovecot23-2.3.11.3-1.gf.el7.x86_64

Peter