On 22/08/20 2:45 am, Gerald Galster wrote:
So is el8 truly incompatible with tcpwrap?  Or is it just too much
effort to continue suport for every feature that was ever in the system?

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3906701

"The TCP Wrappers package has been deprecated in RHEL 7 and therefore it will not be
available in RHEL 8 or later RHEL releases".

I should note that if there is enough demand for it I can look into building tcp_wrappers myself and supporting it for el8 in ghettoforge (as well as compiling dovecot against it).

If the former, might it be reasonable for a user to change the 8's in
the code below to 9's?

I think you may be misunderstanding the boolean logic there, the code works as intended.

Peter