On 2021-04-29 09:40 AM, Steve Dondley wrote:
I am using Outlook without any problems what so ever.

It sounds to me like you are setting up Outlook to use port 465. In the
setup screen, set the port to either "25" or "587". I am using "587"
with "starttls" Your "incoming mail port" will depend on how you have
Dovecot configured. I use port "143" with "starttls" for Outlook. YMMV
depending on your configuration.

You might want to consider posting the output of "doveconf -a" and how
you have Outlook configured.

To get things working with the client I had to set
"disable_plaintext_auth = no" and have them use port 143. Obviously,
this is not ideal. I could not get 993 working at all with the
client's version of outlook. However, on MS 365, outlook works just
fine.

It's insane.

OK, I had changed "ssl = yes" to "ssl = required" so having "disable_plaintext_auth" is not such a big deal.

But I would still love to know why port 993 wasn't working at all for this client.