In my understanding the vacation plugin uses the original recipient as
sender for the out of office reply which in my case is in the
X-Original-to header (I use lmtp and have also set
"lda_original_recipient_header = X-Original-To"). But it does not - it
sticks with the b@bbb.local mail address as sender. If I omitted the
sender setting - how could I tell postfix to relay these ooo mails
through the correct relay (like based on the From header domain in the
vacation response)?

What would the right approach be to set the sender right or get postfix
to relay the vacation responses correctly?

I did some more digging in my "mail process chain":

incoming mail --> postfix (*) --> milter --> postfix --> lmtp/dovecot
--> sieve

postfix (*) presents the right "rcpt to a...@aaa.com" to the milter filter,
but sieve only sees the internal b@bbb.local. I expected the sieve
vacation module to interpret the X-Original-to header but it seems to
not do that (my idea was to circumvent that way the issue with postfix
and lmtp to not forward the right "rcpt to" information).

Is there a way to get the vacation module respect the X-Original-to
header? Or any other approch to get that working with lmtp (and not
switching back to lda)?

--
Cheers
spi