I found what the problem was. It seems that using ‘.’ as a separator worked.
But somehow folders and domain names with dots got messed up:

maildir++: root=/var/mail/vmail/francisaugusto/francis,
index=/var/mail/vmail/med-lo.eu/francis/shared/index/francis@francisaugusto,
indexpvt=/var/mail/vmail/med-lo.eu/francis/shared/francis@francisaugusto,
control=, inbox=/var/mail/vmail/francisaugusto/francis, alt=
Sep 25 19:10:57 imap(fran...@med-lo.eu)<58061><skunigB>: Debug: Namespace
shared.francis@francisaugusto.: Creating storage despite: Root mail directory
doesn't exist: /var/mail/vmail/francisaugusto/francis

You see, my domain is francisaugusto.com <http://francisaugusto.com/>, but it
got truncated.

I changed the separator to ‘/‘ on the Inbox namespace and on the shared one,
and voila, it worked.

I can see my shared mailboxes everywhere. But on Apple Mail (both on the Mac
and on the iPhone), the shared mailboxes show no message.

Any clue why?