Good morning,

OK (If I am wrong someone please update this!)

Trying to run multiple auth schemes when sasl is avaliable etc is overkill

Next trying to auth via AD (this is mainly another mess windows made) is also impractible, sasl was invented as an auth layer in the first place to then provide various auth mech's to a backend (ldap, mysql, pgsql, local etc etc etc)

if you have sasl running for postfix, use that for dovecot or at the very least setup dovecot to read the database you have running sasl layer directly (what I am doing)

if you are running different users & passwords in different setups then you will have to update sasl to have the same auth info in it anyways for postfix to work thus making AD and whatever else not needed ?

Again just my opinion without more detail but AD was never designed (to my knowledge) to auth users for user@domain ?

AD was maily designed for domains & users across multiple network servers (ie one login to auth multiple servers?)

FYI

Have A Happy Tuesday !!!

Thanks - Paul Kudla (Manager SCOM.CA Internet Services Inc.)

Scom.ca Internet Services <http://www.scom.ca>
004-1009 Byron Street South
Whitby, Ontario - Canada
L1N 4S3