Hi,

I have no idea whether this list is actually used or read by anyone, I just joined it... actually, I just downloaded dqsd and I already like it :-)

I noticed it uses the "navigator.userLanguage" to determine the default language, but this is only the configuration of regional settings. A better option would be to use the "navigator.systemLanguage", since that contains the interface language.

For example, my whole system is in English, but my regional settings are Dutch, just because of the currency, date & time formats, etc... not for the language... DSQDeskbar has nothing to do with regional settings, so it should use the system language.

Ok, that's one issue...
But then I noticed the preference setting "language=en" to override the default, and that simply doesn't work... Have a look at the "search.htm" file:
First you include "preferences.js", then "localprefs.js",  and THEN you determine the default language.... so in fact the default language overrides the user settings... The solution is to move the call to "getDefaultLanguage()" to the top, and also the "tools.js" which contains that function. The call to "initGlobals()" should stay where it is.

I wish I could add it to CVS myself ;-)

Kind regards,
Sebastian Groeneveld