[EMAIL PROTECTED] <> wrote on Monday, August 09,
2004 12:59 PM:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> wrote on :
>

>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> Sorry to say I have no further ideas... That's really strange.
>

> It's strange to me too. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Reporting back on new developments: I'm embarassed to say it, but I
was all wet. Having removed the registry edit, I found I had the Media
Player problem again. So I put back the registry edit, and this time,
I have neither of the problems I mentioned.

So whatever is causing these problems, despite their having appeared
for two successive boots after the registry edit, it's not the
registry edit, and they are appearing sort of randomly--on some boots,
but not others.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Ken Blake
[EMAIL PROTECTED]