-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Daya
Sharma
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Draconet-users] Draco Failed to send build results email

Further investigation into Draco.net ....

It seems the inability of Draco.net to send email has to with the access
rights used by the Draco.net service on Win2K. In the Services panel, right
clicking on Draco.net service --> properties -->"Log On" reveals that the
service uses Local System account, which will not have access privilages to
smtp.zakresources.com (running on WinNT 4.0).

So these are the various Experiments that I tried. In all of these
experiments the mail task is defined in the .build file instead of usin the
Draco.exe.config built in email task (which by the way doesn't work either,
perhaps due the same problem)

Experiment 1. Executed my .build file using Nant from command prompt,
instead of using DracoCli.exe (Draco Client).
Result: Nant was able to send email using smtp.zakresources.com (presumably
using the same rights as the logged in user "dsharma" of the domain).

Experiment 2. Executed .build file using DracoCli.exe with Draco.net using
Local System Accout to Log On the Draco.net service.
Result: Draco was unable to send the email, throwing the
System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message'
object. --->System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException.

Experiment 3. Excuted .build file using DracoCli.exe with Draco.net using
"dsharma" to Log On the Draco.net service.
Result: System.Exception: Couldn't find referenced assembly:
C:\DOCUME~1\dsharma\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal
Decisions\1.1\Managed\CrystalInfoStoreLib.dll. Notice "C:\DOCUME~1\dsharma"
is prefixed to the actual path the managed dll. In this case the build
failed much before reaching the mail task.

Experiment 4. Repeated experiment 2 and 3 by commiting changes in repository
i.e. no DracoCli.exe was used, instead Draco.net started the build.
Result: Draco was unable to send the email, throwing the
System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message'
object. --->System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException.

Experiment 5. Executed .build file using Nant and using localhost as the
smtp server instead of smtp.zakresources.com (used in exp. 1).
Result: Nant was unable to send email, throwing the
System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. --->
System.Ref
lection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target
of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
(0x8004020F): The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The
server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

After observing this I am quite convinced that this is security issue and
that providing sufficient rights to Draco.net will make it work.

But I don't know what privileges would work. If you look at result of Exp.
3. using "dsharma" as the Log On account, results in a wierd search path for
referenced assemblies.

Please give me your valuable input.

thanx

-daya