I'm all for making Draco more flexible - and for not enforcing the 'super clean' build
method on everyone.  It really sounds like we want to have a cleaner separation between
the polling, getting and building within Draco.

Nick, you described an idea to take a list of modifications and perform a 'get' on each
changed file.  Speaking for CVS and SVN, this functionality is already implemented in
"cvs
update" and "svn update".  I remember VSS had a "get latest version" command.  Is there
anything stopping us from using this command?  Is the performance just as bad as a
fresh
checkout?

I ask because I am thinking that IRepository could be updated to:

    public interface IRepository {
        void Login();
        void GetSource(string workingDirectory);
        void UpdateSource(string workingDirectory);
        Modification[] GetModifications(DateTime sinceDate);
    }

And in the Draco configuration:

    <svn>
        <url>http://svn.repository.com/svn/trunk</url>
        <user>johndoe</user>
        <password>password</password>
        <!-- the next element is optional -->
        <workingDirectory>c:\draco\myproject</workingDirectory>
    </svn>

Draco's logic would be as follows:

    - if working folder not specified, then create one in the temp directory (as
current)

    - if working folder specified, but it does not exist, then do a GetSource()

    - if working folder specified and it exists, then do a UpdateSource()

We could also have an attribute on <workingDirectory> called persistent.  Setting this
attribute to false will delete the workingDirectory after use.

Mark