Walt,

I had my TR7A do this to me - it turned out that a violet wire that ran from the DR7 to one of the bandswitch wafers was not making good contact. A bit of DeOxit put it right.

Maybe you will be so lucky.

Win W5JAG

From: "LEWIS WALTER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [drakelist] Help with unlocked TR7
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:39:01 -0500

I just purchased a used TR7. When I power it up, all of the display lights come on, but the dsiplay reads something like 96Mhz, with some flickering up/dwn a couple of herts. Turning the band switch and using up/dwn buttons has no effect. The store button does store the (erroneous) freq

I can't tune in any signals, but all of the rest of the rig seems to work -
ie af and rf gain, filter switches, etc.

I would guess that either the synthesiser isn't locking, or some other osc
isn't wrkng. From looking at this bulletin board, it seems that reseating a
card might wrk. How do i identify the right card, and how is it pulled
without damaging something?

I don't have the service manual yet. Anything I can quickly do to check this
out? Is it usually an easy problem to fix, or is it something drastic?

It is a fairly late model TR7, around 10,000 s/n

Also, how do I pull the ckt boards to reseat them. Can the edge connectors
be cleaned?
Finally, anything in general I should be checking to get the rig in overall
shape.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

73

Walt

Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/