"Dan Ringer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
The two R4B's and the T4XB all have different crystal "colors." I
know about the color scheme, and that may well have something to do
with the problem, but I think there is something more basic at work
here.

One R4B and the T4XB come together quite well despite the crystal
differences. Mark Gilger has suggested simply aligning the receiver.
That's a stunningly obvious and good suggestion, and probably right
on. I have no idea what the alignment history of this equipment is. I
do know that it all seems to work well as is, except . . ..

I hadn't thought of alignment because I compared the receivers to my
Icom 740 (recently aligned) and they compare quite well. (The 740 has
an excellent receiver.) But inaudible nits can have a big effect on
how things work!

Thanks!
Dan, K8WV